In this multiple video course, learn to quickly create weaves that you can blend with colors and textures to create beautiful fabrics. Plain, twill, herringbone, chevron, hounds tooth, and gingham checked weave patterns. More fabrics are made from plain weaves than any other type of fabrics. Different types of weaves serve different purposes in garments, as explained in the courses. After completing this course, students will be able to create multiple types of repeating weave patterns with ease .
Topics and techniques covered:
- How to create weave patterns with a variety of tools
- How to use the pencil tool to create weaves
- How to create repeating weave patterns
- How to create weaves with the marquee tool
- How to define and create repeating patterns
- Using grids, guides, and slices while working with small scale weave details
- Different uses of different weaves in clothing and textiles
- Shortcut steps to making patterned weaves
Walter John Atkinson has taught for over fifteen years in Fashion and 3d modeling. He currently teaches live classes in Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketchup Pro and 3D Maya. He currently teaches in NYC at FIT College and LIM College. Walter's online courses are the same as his live courses. He also is a Corporate trainer and has taught at over four hundred companies. Walter has taught MBA , Continuing Ed, Undergraduates, High School, Elementary school and over one thousand private and Corporate students. He has taught over eight thousand students in the past fifteen years, placing over one thousand students into career jobs.
Email Wizards School to reserve a seat for the next FIT College Continuing Ed classes in NYC!
StartCreating basket and twill weaves (6:48)
StartCreate herringbone and chevron weaves (6:52)
StartCreate houndstooth weaves / pencil tool (3:29)
StartCreate houndstooth weaves _ Marquee tool (3:17)
StartApply weaves and patterns to create fabrics (7:50)
StartCreate gingham checks with weaves (4:12)
StartHow to create Solid Fabrics (4:40)