Photoshop: Creating 3d objects with shapes and 3d printing
How to Create 3d objects with Shapes for 3d printing and Graphics
Photoshop shapes is a powerful area for quickly creating 3d objects. Students will learn to create files for 3d printing. Photoshop has a direct link to major 3d printers who can print 3d objects in more than eighty materials. The 3d printer company will also pack your products, invoice, ship, and handle customer service for you. In addition, Students will learn to print on your own 3d printer such as Makerbot printer.
Topics & techniques covered:
- Students will learn how to create the Photoshop 3d workspace and setting up 3d preferences
- How to create a file, How to use the 3d, properties and layers panels
- How to orbit, pan and magnify while using the primary and secondary viewports
- Duplicating layers, How to create a 3d object using shapes
- Beveling the object adjusting the bevels width, strength and contours
- Combining and grouping objects in preparation to print
- Zeroing rotations and setting on the ground plane and origin point in preparation to 3d print
- Selecting materials for printing,View pricing
- Saving the file in preparation for 3d printing, How to send the 3d object to Shapeways for 3d printing
Walter John Atkinson has taught for over fifteen years in Fashion and 3d modeling. He currently teaches live classes in Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketchup Pro and 3D Maya. He currently teaches in NYC at FIT College and LIM College. Walter's online courses are the same as his live courses. He also is a Corporate trainer and has taught at over four hundred companies. Walter has taught MBA , Continuing Ed, Undergraduates, High School, Elementary school and over one thousand private and Corporate students. He has taught over eight thousand students in the past fifteen years, placing over one thousand students into career jobs.
Email Wizards School to reserve a seat for the next FIT College Continuing Ed classes in NYC!
PreviewCreating the Photoshop 3d workspace and preferences (1:49)
StartHow to create a file, create an object using shapes and extrude in 3d (5:55)
StartBeveling the object adjusting the bevels width, strength and contours (3:34)
StartCreating a ring to hang the pendant (3:26)
StartCombining and grouping objects in preparation to print (3:45)
StartHow to send the 3d object to Shapeways for 3d printing (7:00)