This course is for fashion designers who seek to learn fast techniques to create prints and half drop prints. In addition, using smart objects will allow for high speed editing where one can go back multi steps and edit with the final presentation changing accordingly. Students will utilize a wide variety of techniques to create repeating prints and half drop prints.
Topics & techniques covered:
- Creating a repeating pattern
- Creating a repeating half drop pattern
- Differentiating a repeating pattern and a half drop pattern
- Create a print with masks
- Create an overlap on a panel edge for a repeat pattern
- Implementing smart objects
- Creating a clip mask to isolate your work
- Using the pen tool and brushes to create objects
- Linking Layers, Grouping layers, Masking layers, Using adjustment layers
- Using tri colors, complimentary and monochromatic colors
Walter John Atkinson has taught for over fifteen years in Fashion and 3d modeling. He currently teaches live classes in Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketchup Pro and 3D Maya. He currently teaches in NYC at FIT College and LIM College. Walter's online courses are the same as his live courses. He also is a Corporate trainer and has taught at over four hundred companies. Walter has taught MBA , Continuing Ed, Undergraduates, High School, Elementary school and over one thousand private and Corporate students. He has taught over eight thousand students in the past fifteen years, placing over one thousand students into career jobs.
Email Wizards School to reserve a seat for the next FIT College Continuing Ed classes in NYC!
StartCreating a print with masks (6:49)
StartCreating objects overlapping the edge of the pattern (3:59)
StartUsing the pen tool to create an object (3:13)
StartUsing tri colors, complimentary colors, monochromatic colors (3:08)
StartCreating a clip mask (2:12)
StartCreate a repeating pattern and half drop pattern (8:57)